Yesterday was quite exciting -- we had a team offsite to the aquarium where I saw my first
Dugong (not pictured - that's a shark). A dugong is only really found in this part of the world. After indulging in all things aquatic, I was craving some fish. Post wine with the Sydney display team (with whom I'm working while I'm here), Meredith and I headed to a well known establishment in Chinatown called Mamak -- a Malaysian restaurant. This place is known for its authentic Malaysian cuisine and its Roti, or crepe like goodness stuffed with a whole wide range of things. The first picture above was taken while we waited in line (or queued up as they say here) for dinner. That's one of the chefs making the Roti. Meredith and I split, for $15 a person (which is a STEAL in Sydney, by far one of the most expensive places I've been to), 2 Rotis, rice, and a fish curry. We couldn't finish everything and I was quite satiated and full.
In other news, the rain has stopped here -- it was really the talk of the town. Floods, water spouts, oh my! People here love to complain about the weather, how horrible it is that I have come to visit in the winter, and how it's only getting colder. Since it's supposed to be in the high 60's the rest of the week, I suppose I can't complain too much.
Finally, I have a great next week or so planned. I'm off to Singapore on Sunday thru Thursday for Google's Sales Conference for the Asia/Pacific regions. I'm staying at my first Hard Rock Hotel while there. On Thursday, I leave for Bangkok and then am headed to the beaches in Thailand with some Google folk. Certainly looking forward to hitting up a couple new countries and also enjoying some very warm weather.
PS: Everyone here really does call their friends 'mate.' Looking forward to picking up more Australian-isms to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment