Greetings!
It's been sunny in Sydney since I last wrote and I've been trying to take in all the good things that Sydney has to offer in the sunshine. I'd say that nearly every day since I've arrived here, people tell me that I'm here at the wrong time of the year & that everyone is hibernating in the winter. Although it's chilly (~60 degrees), I'm still enjoying my time here though I would definitely like to make it back to SYD in the summer to really experience what everyone raves about.
Some friends (Gina from SF & Agraja from Santa Monica) & I went exploring to a little island called Watson's Bay on Saturday. It was such a beautiful and lovely day and the perfect way to spend a sunny afternoon in Sydney. We took the ferry from right near the Opera House for about 20 minutes to Watson's Bay and hiked around, enjoyed the scenery, observed some older naked men at the nudist beach (not joking), and indulged in Fish & Chips. Below are some highlights and you can see the rest of my pictures from SYD here: https://picasaweb.google.com/sarapsu/Sydney
No major plans this weekend besides exploring more of the town -- hopefully finding more good brunch places, enjoying more walking, and hopefully seeing some whales!
Finally, my Aussie impressions are getting better day by day. I'm learning how Aussies shorten a lot of what they say. IE: See you this afternoon could also be "See you this arvo" or even shorter "See you s'avo."
 |
| My apartment building! |
 |
| A Cockatoo Bird - they are pretty but amazingly noisy |
 |
| Doesn't get old. |
 |
| View of Sydney from our ferry ride to Watson's Bay |
 |
| Oh hey, that's me! |
 |
| A beach were people were getting certified in Scuba Diving |
 |
| Nudist beach. Artistic shot, no? |
 |
| Agraja, me, & Gina |
 |
| Tasman Sea |
Sar, cannot believe I didn't see these Sydney posts until now! LOVE them and vicariously living through you :) xoxo, Bayliss
ReplyDelete