Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Friday!

Just wanted to upload some pictures of the view from our office patio in Sydney.  We look out over Darling Harbour & the CBD (Sydney's Central Business District).  Today is the first time it hasn't rained since I've been back from Thailand...the beautiful weather is supposed to last for the next bunch of days.  I have plans this weekend with some ex-pat friends to tour around the city (by foot/ferry) and dine at some of the ever-talked-about brunch spots nearby where I'm living.




Last night some Google gal pals and I ventured to some hip bars near where I live in the Darlinghurst/Surry Hills area.  It was fun to have a girls night out and do a bit of dancing too.  I took a picture of one of the bars' DJ's and the accompanying bongo drum player.  They were playing some old school hits (Lauryn Hill) remixed with drum beats and other goodness.  Here are some pictures!




I was out a bit past my bedtime so today I'm a wee bit exhausted but roughing through it & very much looking forward to the weekend ahead (and the sunshine!!!).

Finally, I should have some exciting travel plans coming up over the next few weeks.  Work travel will be sending me north to Brisbane and I may extend my trip to stay in a cute town nearby, Byron Bay.  I also am likely heading to Melbourne in early July for work which I'm SUPER excited about.

PS: Before I left for Sydney, I reunited with my longtime best girlfriends from Pittsburgh for Liz (Gillespie) Lang's wedding.  Here's my favorite picture from the reception! GNO4EVALYLAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment