Friday, July 15, 2011

And we're off!

Sending you all a quick note from Sydney.  My parents and I leave tomorrow bright and early on a whirlwind 8-day tour of South Eastern and North Eastern Oz.  We will be in wintery conditions off the coast of Adelaide from tomorrow thru Tuesday and then we head up to the Great Barrier Reef through the end of next week.

We've had a marvelous time so far together in Sydney.  No major fights, delicious meals, and my dad and I even pulled off surprising my mother when they got here.  I've worked 2/3 days my parents have been here -- while I was hard at work, my parents happened to bump into Lady Gaga...I'm not joking.  Here are some pictures they sent along to me while I was working.


Look! It's Gaga's tush!
Besides Gaga, Ma & Pa visited Google's offices in Sydney and I introduced them to all my new pals.  Even fresh off the plane, Edgar and Sandy were on the ball and were a huge hit amongst the Googlers. 
Mom & I outside on Google's terrace
For our last night in Sydney, we ventured to the Opera House to see Romeo & Juliet performed by the Sydney Orchestra.  It was a pretty awesome performance and we got to see an amazing virtuoso violin player from Armenia.  Although it was no Monster Ball performed a la Gaga, it was amazing to finally see a show at the ever-so-amazing Opera House.

Once back from our travels, I will post some pictures and share some of the highlights.  'till then, here's a picture I took of downtown Sydney yesterday evening -- a perfect night before the rain poured all day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment