...I'm baccccck!
Since we last spoke, or wrote, or read, or whatever, I've totally forgotten about you, dear readers...For this, I apologize and promise not to do it too often, or often enough that you start asking "you made me subscribe to your blog and now you're not posting?" OK fine, so I've admittedly been lazy about writing and apologize to you, my many fans about this. Now that my only child syndrome disclaimer/rant has ended, what have I been doing besides not updating the blogosphere on my life?
My best group of girl friends (the sisterhood of the Gamma Nu Omega) loves lists and I'm assuming that you probably do too...
- Last weekend Jeven came to San Francisco to visit. Jeven was fresh off the boat (er, plane) from Mexico City and he arrived at the international terminal with all of Hong Kong. Without going into a ton of details (I received feedback that I could cut down on the details in my blog), the international terminal at SFO is literally the United Nations and I felt like I was at Ellis Island. It was quite the homecoming.
- Some of the highlights of our weekend included but were not limited to eating delicious food (randomly enough, the Westgate Mall Food Court- omfg), schleping Jeven up and down hills by car & foot, almost killing us by driving up a one way street (that was also a steep hill), & seeing Wicked
for the first time.
Über trendy Jeven got a green shirt and I wanted to match him with my über trendy green watch
- Jeven's visit was too quick but, after he left on Monday afternoon, I came home from work and packed up my stuff to head to NYC for a week of Google training. I was pretty excited when right before I got on the flight I was given an upgrade to business class on my red eye flight to NYC from SFO. The little sleep I got on the flight was enough to get me to The Standard Hotel in the ever-so-hot-right-now Meatpacking District.
- Have you ever stayed at The Standard? If you have, you know what I mean when I say it's a total trip. If you haven't, picture what you'd think of a hotel that is staffed by models, rooms with "peek-a-boo showers," and a total scene every time you walk in and out of the hotel. Everything from the facade to the interior to the elevators to the rooftop bar is completely over the top...here are some pictures to shed some light.
- Other Nueva York exciting highlights (besides going to work & The Standard Hotel) include but are not limited to: reuniting with "my golden ticket" Max at Grey Dog, a potluck GNO dinner a la restaurant week, a fun-filled/sweaty happy hour with so many friends at The Asian Pub in the East Village (three cheers to the hostess Trisha), Pastis with Amycita, & Google lunch with Tobias.
- My east cost tour is finishing with a bang AKA a trip to 'da Burgh. I got here earlier this evening and my parents and I, per usual, ate at our go-to La Cucina Flegrea (shoutout to Nafool Patel). We then came home and I opened up my father's eyes to the wonderful world of YouTube. I enlightened him with such YT hits as the double rainbow lover & JK wedding dance & Where the hell is Matt, Charlie Bit me & of course Beiber & finally the Evolution of Dance. Needless to say, it was a raucous evening in the Snyder household....(NB: I fell asleep 1 minute after writing that sentence)





Sar- Please be advised that when posting picture of Steve Beltrani, you must first consult his publicist. And at the very least, you must tag it to Guest of a Guest. :)
ReplyDeleteOH man, thank you for the heads up. I will make sure to clear this with Charity Happenings & Guest of a Guest in the future. LYLAS!
ReplyDeleteyes! i'm so glad i made it on to the scene section of this blog. next stop: pittsburgh post gazette style section.
ReplyDelete